When running Person defense from the pull:
- choose a smart matchup: someone you can cover but be conscious
of not sticking your teammates with a bad choices.
- silently count # of your choice from the left (yell "hold
line" if the opposition is moving around)
- say that # loudly when one of your teammates says the
- if 2 people say the same # call "two <#>s" and quickly
determine who is the better match, then move on.
- When we hear "seven!" (or "sept!") we know that everyone has
actively committed to an intelligent choice on defense, and are
ready to pull.
Both competitive and pickup teams all over the world use this
procedure and can typically complete it in under 15 seconds.